Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

QuoVadis (aka Tom) hat es geschafft! Neu, kompatibel mit QuoVadis7 für Microsoft Windows:
Three for the road, unser mobiles Trio, QuoVadis Mobile für iOS, Android und Windows Phone
Unsere Apps für die Smartphone Betriebssysteme, vollwertige standalone Navi und Tracker,
im Datenaustausch kompatibel zu QuoVadis 7.1. Karten können aus QV7.1 für QVM exportiert werden!

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: QuoVadis Supportforum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

• »rhklee« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Registrierungsdatum: 22. Oktober 2005

Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 05:11

TTQV7 crashes when using x-y plot

Hi,

I've been using TTQV 7 under Windows 7 with no problem all along. However, since upgrading to newer revisions, I've been experiencing frequent crashes when I use the x-y plot function. I have to keep reverting back to the 7.0.1.23 version. The crashes occur for every new versions after 7.0.1.23, including the latest 7.0.1.31 and 7.0.1.39. The only stable version is 7.0.1.23.

The pop-up window include the following information:
Fault module name : MTV3D65.dll
Exception code : C0000005
Exception offset : 000b0bc2

Any advice is appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ray LEE

Dietmar

Admin hc Type "M"

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Februar 2002

Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 11:09

Hi Ray,
does it crash in the post .23 versions always when using the xy-plot or for particular tracks?

What you could do is renaming the qv7.ini file to see if the crashes will be gone, but in case it fixes it you have to re-apply your personal preferences which are stored in the ini file and would be lost.

If there were changes from .23 which may be the reason for these instabilities can only be answered by Tom from his changelog.
Gruß
Dietmar

Donnerstag, 15. Mai 2014, 16:58

Hi Dietmar,

I still can't figure out which particular tracks can cause the crash. It is not always, but once a crash occur, it will occur frequently afterwards. It seems that crashes occur more often when the x-axis is "s" than when it is "t".

Renaming qv7.ini does not cure the crash. After the crash, I would have to re-start the program, use a track that works, choose the "t" as the x-axis, and the program will work again until it may crash later on when a particular track is used.

One thing is certain: there is never any crash in using the x-y plot when reverting back to 7.0.1.23, even when a particular offending track is used again.

Dietmar

Admin hc Type "M"

Registrierungsdatum: 13. Februar 2002

Freitag, 16. Mai 2014, 12:33

Hi Ray,
would you please upload a track where it crashes reproducable? - maybe Tom could use it for tracking down what the cause is and debugging the issue. There could be a change from after version .23 which causes the crash or a sideeffect.

As the renaming of the qv7.ini did not change anything you could rename it back to keep your old settings - thx for testing it.
Gruß
Dietmar

Freitag, 16. Mai 2014, 18:44

Hi Dietmar,

This is a gpx file which causes reproducible crashes in 7.0.1.31 but not in 7.0.1.23. Please note that it may or may not cause a crash initially, but sooner or later, it will.

Many thanks!

Ray LEE
»rhklee« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Polarlys

Master of Maps

Registrierungsdatum: 21. Januar 2007

Freitag, 16. Mai 2014, 19:36

Hi Ray,

I did a little mod (erased just one character) on your GPX file, could you please test this modified version and report if it still crashes?
»Polarlys« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
Grüße
Hans

"The universal aptitude for inaptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." (John Paul Stapp)
Immer wieder gern genommen: <klick1> und <klick2>

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 03:14

Hi Polarlys

Thanks for your reply.

Things've got a bit complicated. Initially, the modified file still causes crashes on using the x-y plot. Renaming the qv7.ini file doesn't help.

However, with the qv7.ini file still renamed, I re-import the modified file again. Now, it will not crash the program on using the x-y plot.

I'll keep you updated if I've further information.

Best Regards,

Ray LEE

Samstag, 17. Mai 2014, 05:33

Hi,

To give an update on my testing: Reverting my system to my original setting by re-naming the qu7.ini makes no difference to the result. That is: your modified file imported under my original qv7.ini will crash the system while the same modified file re-imported under a re-named qv7.ini will not cause any crash.

I don't know whether this is relevant or not.

Ray LEE

Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014, 06:17

Hi,

Any update on the clue of the crash? Any patch or newer version for it?

I'm still stuck with the 7.0.1.23 version. As such, I cannot use the Google Satellite map.

Ray LEE

Delago

Admin hc Type "M"

Registrierungsdatum: 17. Oktober 2005

Beruf: Dipl.-Phys.

Donnerstag, 5. Juni 2014, 07:48

Good morning Ray,
I think you should update to the current version 7.0.1.39. Maybe the reported problem is already solved.

Greetings
Werner
Viele Grüße
Werner

Garmin Fenix 3 + GPSMap 60CSx + eTrex, Blackview BV6000 (Android 6), Sportiva, Lumia 650 (WP 10), Tracker Incutex TK5000, Wintec WBT 201, Sony DSC-HX5VB
Win 8.1/64 Prof, Win 10, Asus VivoTab ME400C Tablet-PC (Win 10)
QuoVadis 7 PU, QuoVadis Mobil (QVM 1+2+3), TTQV 4 PU, CGPSL 8, Locus Map Pro, TwoNav Android

CAGW durch Datenmanipulation